Thursday, March 30, 7:00 pm
Dibden Center for the Arts
337 College Hill Road
Johnson, VT 05656
Tickets: $20 for adults, $10 for those 18 and under
A Night at the Movies features a live, 22-piece VSO chamber orchestra accompanying seven documentary and animation films with Vermont ties.
The program weaves through a breadth of musical styles and film stories, from two animated shopping carts searching for love to the story of Hansel and Gretel. Adventurous lemurs learn to fly, a little girl grows up in an undocumented farmworker family, and a director chronicles his path from prison to filmmaking.
- How We See Water by Robin Starbuck (music by Waterbury composer Matt LaRocca)
- Two Balloons by Mark Smith (music by Peter Broderick)
- The Greatest Night by Jeremy Lee MacKenzie (music by Middlebury College Asst. Professor of Music Dr. Matthew Evan Taylor)
- Mate by and with music composed by Rusty Eveland
- Breath by Marlboro-based Jesse Kreitzer (music by Brattleboro composer Paul Dedell)
- Estrellita by Middlebury College Animation Studio and Producer Daniel Houghton (music by Jack DeBouter)
- Gretel Hansel KinRumpelStilts by Burlington-based Chris Caswell (music by Burlington composer Patricia Julien)